How to Keyword Blog Posts for Powerful Results
Keyword Blog Posts Correctly and You Will DEFINITELY Reap Rewards!
If you’ve done any research into online marketing, odds are that you’ve repeatedly read that you should keyword blog posts – you know, the ones that you should be writing regularly (if you want to first attract and then convert prospects into customers).
The question that remains, then, is how do you know that you’re inserting those keywords in the right spots — the places that search engines will first look for and then reward by giving some weight to your efforts? Read on to find out!
Now because we don’t want to overwhelm you, we’re going to assume that you’ve already selected the keywords you’re going to build your post around. If not, check out Hubspot’s handy-dandy beginner’s guide, How to Do Keyword Research for SEO.
If you want to follow along with our instruction for populating your post with keywords in the right spots and write your first keyworded blog as we go, go ahead and pick your keywords, then open your Website’s blogging software and tick off these 7 steps (or as many as you reasonably can).
1) Use your exact keyword in your URL. On CMS platforms like WordPress or Joomla, The URL is generally generated from the blog title.
2) If you can, begin your title with your keyword; if you can’t, place it as close to the beginning of the phrase as you can.
3) Use your exact keyword in your description of what your post is about.
4) f you are using images in your post, which we recommend that you do, add your exact keyword to an alt tag for the image as well as rename your image to include your keyword.
5) If you use heading tags (and you should), use your exact keyword in some of those headings, especially the H1 (largest) headings.
6) Bold, italicize or underline your exact keyword in your copy at least once, but use the keyword no more than 3 or 4 times throughout the post, which should be a minimum of 300 words.
7) Not to veer off center, but do make sure you have a mobile-friendly site before you invest time in attracting traffic to your Web presence. Otherwise, you may be wasting your time.